Absorb the power of Unsouled on Xbox, Game Pass, Switch and PC
C’mon, admit it – you’re up for a challenging ARPG with brutal, fast-paced gameplay, yeah? How about if we chuck in some super stylish pixel visuals for good measure? Sold? That’ll be Unsouled you need to get downloading, as the game releases on Xbox, Game Pass, PC via Steam and Nintendo Switch.
From the NEOWIZ and Megusta Game teams, Unsouled promises much, all as you follow the tale of a prince who discovers they have the power to absorb the souls of the dead, growing in power with every breath.
Priced at £16.74 from the Xbox Store, Unsouled will have you fighting hordes of the most dangerous creatures, working a combo system and countering attacks in order to stay ahead of the game – ahead of the game, meaning you begin to stand a slight chance at surviving more than two minutes.
With fast-paced battle moments found across five story chapters, all as you look to hone your skills via seven boss skills, sixteen character options and no less than sixty of the finest passives, becoming one with Unsouled won’t be for the faint of heart.
Key features include:
- – Fast-paced, stylish combat – Enemies in Unsouled react to every move you make. Keep your guard up at all times as the slightest mistake will be met with relentless enemy attacks.
- – Expert controls and timing – Execute various skill combos and counterattacks for maximum damage. Use the “Abyss” system to get a closer look at the game’s unique mechanics. Players may be tempted to turn down the difficulty settings, but mastering true combat requires practice.
- – Chained attacks – Each skill combo in Unsouled have their own unique triggers. Whenever using a skill, your character flashes for a brief second. Use this opportunity to turn your initial strike into a deadly series of blows by performing one skill after another. Learning each skill’s wind-down pattern is crucial to mastering chain attacks.
- – Counterattacks – Combos aren’t the only tool under your belt. The counterattack mechanics stay true to the high-risk, high-reward principle, allowing you to decimate multiple targets in one seamless attack when done correctly. Mastering the chain-counterattacks is key to turning the tide on your assailants.
- – Interactive objects – Slamming an enemy against a wall, pushing them off the ledge, cutting a tree down to crush them, or even bringing down a large object to create a makeshift bridge are but a few of many ways to overcome various obstacles and threats in the game.
- – Passive and Active Souls – You may come across special Souls as you fight and explore. Passive Souls take effect immediately after being obtained, enhancing abilities, unlocking new skills, or upgrading existing ones. Active Souls are manually activated through button interaction which can unlock skills normally reserved for bosses, and are used for combos as well as escaping from enemies.
- – Beautiful pixel art – “Travel across five distinct locations each filled with unique retro style visuals with enemies that are spooky and fun. Each individual pixel is affected by real-time lighting, meaning, you can enjoy the rich, vibrant pixel graphics in all its glory!”
A Game Preview and Steam Early Access period should ensure Unsouled comes to market in fine form – find out for sure in our upcoming review, or pick up the game for yourself from Steam, the Xbox Store or the Nintendo eShop.
Take on the role of the Fallen Prince in Unsouled – a stylish, fast-paced 2D action-RPG. Fight your way through interactive environments and adrenaline-pumping encounters as you unravel the mysteries behind this world filled with the undead.