2022 FIA Motorsport Games in facts and figures
Staff, 2022-12-21 03:42:00,
The second edition of the FIA Motorsport Games staged in Marseille in October this year set a new high mark for the most number of nations / FIA ASNs to ever participate in an official FIA-sanctioned event.
Originally staged in Rome in 2019 at Autodromo Vallelunga, the FIA Motorsport Games brings together competitors from across the globe to compete for gold, silver, and bronze medals in a wide array of motorsport disciplines.
The second edition of the games set new benchmarks for the event across multiple KPIs, including the number of nations, number of competitors, number of disciplines, number of medals awarded, amount of live broadcast viewership, social media engagement, and much more.
- After six disciplines were contested in 2019, the number dramatically expanded to 16 for 2022, with three Rallying competitions, one GT and one Slalom event, three Karting competitions, and two off-road Cross Car disciplines added.
- 49 FIA ASNs competed at the inaugural FIA Motorsport Games, but the 2022 edition attracted a total of 72 nations.
- The 2022 FIA Motorsport Games attracted 463 competitors in Marseille compared to 166 in Rome.
- 18 sets of medals were awarded for the inaugural games in 2019 compared to 48 this year in Marseille
- The number of countries earning medals rose dramatically in 2022 – a total of 24 nations stood on the podium compared to 13 in 2019
- Social media engagement / reach improved significantly in 2022 – a massive 331…
To read the original article from news.google.com, Click here
Private Internet Access gives you unparalleled access to thousands of next-gen servers in over 83 countries and each US state. Your VPN experience will always be fast, smooth, and reliable.